Security and privacy
The purpose of this policy is to indicate how our company collects, uses and protects your personal data in the context of your use of this website. This use is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Belgian law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (Privacy law) and European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR), which will become applicable on 25 May 2018.
- WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
The controller responsible for the processing of the personal data relating to you and as collected on this website is SMA Invest bvba, with registered office at Eglantierlaan 41, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium and company number BE0446 696 778. hereinafter referred to as "our company" or called "we".
- WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We mainly collect the information and data that you provide us when you use our website and our services as well as information that you do not provide directly to us but are collected when using our website, such as the type of device used to consult the website and location data, etc. , including when you:
- make purchases in our e-shop;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- use our contact form;
when using our website.
We collect different types of information depending on the services you use and the use you make of our website.
- If you make purchases in our e-shop: we collect the information you provide in the registration form, if you are a private individual your title, surname, first name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and, if applicable, mobile number and fax number. If you are a company, the above information as well as your company name and VAT number.
- When you use our contact form: We collect the information you provide in the contact form, including your name, first name, email address, and phone number.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter: we collect your name and e-mail address.
- When our website uses the Google Analytics tool: we collect information about your areas of interest, your activity on the website and e-shop, your purchase or orders, the duration of your connection, date, time, IP address and referring website is registered . This data is not linked to contact details or other personal details.
Our company uses Google Analytics to keep track of how users use the website. The information thus obtained, including the address of your computer (IP address), is transferred to and stored by Google on servers. Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used, in order to provide reports about the website to SMA Invest bvba. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. SMA Invest bvba has not given Google permission to use Analytics information obtained via Mambo baskets for other Google services.
- HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Our company always uses your personal data based on one of the criteria provided by law for lawful processing. Your data is mainly used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products/services and to improve that delivery, to handle complaints, as well as to guarantee good after-sales service;
- improve your experience on our website and handle any complaints in connection therewith;
- offer you loyalty benefits;
- communicate with you;
- manage our activities;
- run our marketing and advertising campaigns;
- prevent fraud;
- ensure the security of the website;
- to comply with billing legislation;
- to perform statistical analyzes with regard to our customers, such as visiting and clicking behavior on our website, so that our services and products can be evaluated and, for example, whether promotional campaigns are effective.
To process your personal data, our company always supports:
- or on the consent. In that case, the company is obliged to document that consent (how and date the consent was obtained) for each user. In addition, we recommend – as far as possible – the use of a 'preferences' page where the user receives an overview of the processing activities for which he has given his consent and he is given the opportunity – where appropriate – to withdraw his consent for certain of withdraw those processing activities. you have given in this regard, either expressly (by ticking the appropriate box when browsing our website), or implicitly, where your consent results from your behavior on our website (e.g. by choosing to contact contact us using the contact form). In that case, you always have the option to withdraw your consent with effect for the future;
- or on another criterion provided for by law: e.g. if the data collection is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are one of the parties or if this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. In certain cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to safeguard your essential interests or to fulfill the legitimate interest of our company.
- HOW AND WITH WHOM IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
In principle, our company does not share your data with third parties, except - and exceptionally - in certain cases, that data may be communicated to third parties, e.g. third parties who provide services to us or who provide services in our name and on our behalf. This may involve marketing agencies such as MailChimp and statistics management such as Google Analytics or website management such as Shopify. Using such service providers and sharing your information helps us to provide and improve our services. Our company has concluded a processor agreement with Google Analytics, Mailchimp and Shopify
In addition, our company is obliged to communicate your personal data when this is required by law, decree or ordinance or by a court decision.
In any case, we undertake to ensure the confidentiality of your data, in particular by concluding appropriate contracts with our partners.
- HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR DATA/ACCESS AND DELETE YOUR DATA?
You have the right to access your data, the right to correct your data or have it corrected, the right to delete your data, the right to object to the processing of your data or profiling, the right to restrict the processing of your data and the right to data portability.
In accordance with the Privacy Act and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- consult and access your data and the essential information related to the processing (purposes of the processing, categories of data being processed, etc.);
- request that such data be corrected or, if necessary, deleted under the conditions set out in Article 17 of the GDPR, and in particular when such data are no longer necessary in view of the purposes for which they were collected/processed or when you withdraw your consent;
- object to the processing of the data concerning you in certain specific cases, including processing for direct marketing purposes; in that case we will no longer process your data, unless for legitimate and compelling reasons that outweigh your interests and rights and freedoms or if the processing is related to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- ask for the restriction of processing, in certain cases as set out in Article 18 of the GDPR and in particular where you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of that data; and
- receive your personal data in a form that makes it transferable, in particular to transfer it to another controller, under the conditions set out in Article 20 of the GDPR and, if technically possible, to have the data transferred directly from be transferred from one data controller to another.
You can exercise these rights by sending a written request, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Eglantierlaan 41, 2020 Antwerp.
Complaints in case of violation of the applicable Belgian rules regarding the protection of personal data on this website can be addressed to the Belgian Commission for the protection of privacy at email@example.com .
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your data will never be kept longer than necessary. The period during which your data is stored will in any case never be longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected.
The collected data will be kept for as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described in point 3 above.
The period during which your data will be stored will in any case never be longer than
- Duration of your connection to our website
- Duration that personal account is active
- From the purchase of goods up to and including 10 years after purchase (accounting law).
You can also always ask us to delete your data. In this regard, we refer to point 5 above.
- WILL YOUR DATA BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Our company stores all your data on servers within the European Economic Area to ensure its full protection. In certain cases, your data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area when we choose to outsource work. This transfer may be carried out via service providers located outside the territory such as those mentioned in point 4 above or via a server located outside this territory. In this regard, our company undertakes to always ensure an appropriate and sufficient level of protection of your data, in particular by using standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other means that are in accordance with Belgian and European legislation on the protection of personal data
Activities involving third parties:
Postal and parcel shipping - Sendcloud
Web Analytics – Google Analytics
Sending newsletters – Mail Chimp
Web Management – Shopify
- HOW DO WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA?
We take technical, administrative and physical measures to fully guarantee the protection of your data against any destruction, loss or alteration.
Our company takes the following measures, among others:
- Shielding of areas with sensitive content
- Security of networks
- Secure SSL connection: using SSL, transaction data is sent encrypted over the internet. You can recognize a secure SSL connection by the 'lock' in the lower status bar of your browser.
Although we do everything we can to prevent a data breach, it is possible that a hack takes place. In the event of a data breach, we have drawn up clear procedures to minimize any damage. We will also always report a data breach to the competent authority.
In addition, our website also collects data via third parties, such as Mailchimp and Google Analytics. The information regarding the processing of that data does not form part of this policy. We therefore refer in this context to the relevant provisions of the policies regarding the protection of personal data of those third parties. Your rights with regard to that data must also be exercised with those third parties.
- HOW WILL YOU BE NOTIFIED OF CHANGES TO THIS CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY?
You will find the date of the last change to this policy at the end of this page.
This Confidentiality Policy may change from time to time without our prior notice. We therefore advise you to consult this policy regularly.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us:
- by means of the form on our website or at the address
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post at the address Eglantierlaan 41, 2020 Antwerp
- by phone on +32472776044
Last modified date: 16/05/2018
Any other questions?